A promising new blog started last week with the intention of chronicling the excavation of a site from the very beginning. The Tel Burna Excavation Project is headed by Itzhaq Shai and Joe Uziel of Bar Ilan University and we look forward to continued informative postings. So far, they have covered:
- Welcome to the New Tel Burna Blog—an image of the site using GIS technology
- A Little Bit about the Site—with a map of the area and a photo of visible fortifications
- Identifying the Site—is this biblical Libnah?
- The Survey Season—includes a survey map
- A Nice View of the Tel—it’s more a photo of the area next to the tell than the tell itself.
The Arabic name for the site is Tell Bornat, and it has been identified as Libnah by W. F. Albright and A. F. Rainey.