Annotated Bibliography of Selected Books for Israel Studies
Old Testament Archaeology
New Testament Background
History of Ancient Israel
Books that I would most recommend to read after a first visit to Israel:
- Leon Uris, Exodus.
- James Michener, The Source.
- Shanks, Jerusalem.
- Rasmussen, NIV Atlas.
- BAR and Bible and Spade.
Books you want to buy for handy reference about the land:
- Schlegel, Satellite Bible Atlas.
- Merrill, Kingdom of Priests.
- Smith, Historical Geography of the Holy Land.
- Murphy-O’Connor, The Holy Land.
- Ben-Tor, Archaeology of Ancient Israel.
- McRay, Archaeology and the New Testament.
- Donin, To Be a Jew.
Todd Bolen is Professor of Biblical Studies at The Master’s University. For many years, he taught at the university’s campus in Israel in the fields of biblical archaeology, geography and history.
Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. In any case, we will provide honest advice.
Last updated: June 17, 2020