I’ve recommended Ginger Caessens’s study tour of Jordan in the past, and I’ve always received enthusiastic reviews from those who participated. Of course, I’m not surprised because I participated on this outstanding trip more than a dozen years ago.
A ton of biblical history occurred in Jordan and if you don’t see it, you will miss it. There is no better program on the planet than that offered by UHL and taught by Dr. Caessens. If you want to see all the major biblical sites in Gilead, Ammon, Moab, and Edom, and you want to understand what you’re seeing, this is your trip. There are all kinds of people who go back to Israel their third, fourth, or tenth time and they’re not going on this trip, and I just don’t understand that. Maybe they just don’t realize that it was in the (modern-day) country of Jordan where:
- Jacob wrestled at the Jabbok
- The Israelites looked on the bronze serpent
- The Israelites defeated the army of Sihon
- Moses spoke the book of Deuteronomy
- Moses viewed the land from Mount Nebo
- Gideon pursued the Midianites
- Jephthah fought the Ammonites (and then his daughter)
- Ruth married Naomi’s son
- Saul delivered the city of Jabesh Gilead
- Uriah the Hittite died because of David’s treachery
- David fled from his son Absalom
- Ahab was killed by the Arameans
- Jehoshaphat fought the Moabites
- Jehu launched his coup
- Elijah was born and later ascended into heaven
- The prophets spoke against Ammon, Moab, and Edom
- John the Baptist ministered and baptized
- Herod Antipas beheaded John the Baptist
- Jesus traveled through Perea
And I didn’t even mention the Medeba Map, Wadi Rum, or Petra.
You’re missing half of the story by not studying the east side of the Jordan River.
It’s worth your time, and it’s worth your money. Download an application here.