Archaeologists have uncovered ancient glass kilns from the Roman period in the Jezreel Valley.
A Hasmonean-era oil lamp was discovered in the City of David shortly before Hanukkah began.
Chris McKinny and Kyle Keimer talk with Andrea Berlin about her excavations of Tel Anafa and Tel Qedesh and how that illuminates the history of the Galilee in the Hellenistic and Roman periods.
Gordon Govier writes about ancient seal impressions discovered through the use of wet-sifting for Christianity Today (subscription).
Shechem is the latest site to be considered in Kyle Keimer’s “Why” series.
Jerusalem University College has announced its slate of spring online courses, including:
- Ancient Egypt and the Biblical World, taught by Paul Wright
- Archaeology of the Judean Shephelah, taught by Chris McKinny and Kyle Keimer
- Lessons from the Land: Applications for Teaching and Ministry, taught by John Monson
- Physical Settings of the Bible, taught by Chandler Collins
- The World of Jesus and His Disciples, taught by Rebecca Pettit
HT: Agade, Joseph Lauer, Arne Halbakken, Explorator, Ted Weis