Yesterday, Egypt’s Minister of Antiquities Affairs, Zahi Hawass, issued a press release reporting that several objects from the Cairo Museum were taken during the break-in. The items listed as missing are:
1. Gilded wood statue of Tutankhamun being carried by a goddess
2. Gilded wood statue of Tutankhamun harpooning. Only the torso and upper limbs of the king are missing
3. Limestone statue of Akhenaten holding an offering table
4. Statue of Nefertiti making offerings
5. Sandstone head of an Amarna princess
6. Stone statuette of a scribe from Amarna
7. Wooden shabti statuettes from Yuya (11 pieces)
8. Heart Scarab of Yuya
The press release also reports that an antiquities magazine was broken into yesterday at Dashur.
The press release is available in pdf format and at Zahi Hawass’ blog.