Trevin Wax provides a list of “Urban Legends” that many preachers and Bible teachers are guilty of disseminating. His list includes and explains these:
- The “eye of the needle” is a city gate.
- The high priest had a rope tied around his ankle. (See also my post here.)
- Scribes washed before and after writing the name of God.
- Gehenna was a perpetually burning trash dump. (See also my post here.)
- NASA scientists have discovered a “missing day.”
The comments to the post include many more. The age of the internet makes it much easier to spread myths, but it also makes it easier to stop them.