The Photo Companion to the Bible is a unique collection of digital photographs that illustrate the biblical text verse by verse.
- PowerPoint-based resource
- Library of images provides broad selection
- Created by a team of professors and scholars
- Organized by chapter and verse
- Each chapter is illustrated by 50–230 photographs
- Photographs of sites, scenes, and artifacts related to the time of Samuel, Saul, and David
- Annotations explaining the image selection and background
- Free lifetime updates
- Generous copyright permissions
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Photos illustrating David’s battle with Goliath in the Elah Valley
- Images related to Samuel’s ministry in the tabernacle
- Visual explanations of David’s flight from Saul in the Judean wilderness
- Aerial photographs revealing the book’s spectacular geography
- Artifacts illuminating the culture of the day
About the authors: Dr. Chris McKinny is a biblical scholar, archaeologist, and adjunct professor at Texas A&M University Corpus Christi. Dr. Kris Udd is a pastor and has a Ph.D. in Old Testament Archaeology from Andrews University. Dr. Steven Anderson is a career Bible scholar and teacher who earned his Ph.D. from Dallas Theological Seminary. Dr. Todd Bolen is Professor of Biblical Studies at The Master’s University, having taught for many years at their campus in Israel.
Check out our other volumes in the series: Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, Esther, Psalm 23, Daniel, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians and Philemon, 1 & 2 Thessalonians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus, Hebrews, James, 1 & 2 Peter, Jude, 1, 2, & 3 John, and Revelation.
Free PowerPoint download: 1 Samuel 4 (89 slides)
Students and teachers will love this
“Today’s students need visual-based instruction like never before, and this remarkable set of photographs is just what we need. The notes embedded in the slides are up-to-date, and helpful in every respect. Students and teachers alike will love this Photo Companion like few other resources for Bible instruction.”
—Bill T. Arnold, Paul S. Amos Professor of Old Testament Interpretation, Asbury Theological Seminary, and author of 1-2 Samuel (NIV Application Commentary)